RCU Forums - View Single Post - WAKE UP AMA. Another field closed!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:11 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NVRC Field Update

NVRC Field Remains Closed
I sent our County Park official an email letting him know about our status. As of today, I did not receive a reply. I sent an email to Rich Hanson asking about his emails that were sent to the FAA asking for clarification/support to show the County that the intent is not to close down any AMA fields. I am waiting for a reply. I will reach out to them again tomorrow and as soon as I hear something I will let everyone know. The field is closed because of the interpretation by the County that we should not be flying within the SFRA zone which was extended from 15nm to 30nm. Other AMA clubs in the area are open that are within that zone but are not in Fairfax County. Our relationship with the County has been excellent and we have been good occupants of the NVRC field at Poplar Ford Park. I am confident that we will be able to show the County that AMA fields were not intended to be part of this new advisory and we will get back in the air. If you have any information that can be beneficial, please let me know. Your cooperation and patience are appreciated as we work through this situation.

Thanks!

Gary Quinn
President, NVRC

Also of interest, the club shared this park with horse owners/riders, who complained that the aircraft spooked the horses. OP also conveniently left off the official reason why the club was closed, that being the language in AC 91-57A. The only thing absent from this misdirected rant is a THANK OBAMA meme. But ya, this is clearly the fault of the AMA.