RCU Forums - View Single Post - 8th Scale Aviation's, "CzechMate" Short-kit, Group build
Old 12-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The top sheeting pieces have also been cut. The two pieces making up the leading edge have been glued together on all four pieces needed for both the top and bottom of both the right and left wing panels.

All four of the trailing edges of the sheeting must be beveled so they mate well, when glued together. This accomplishes a couple of purposes:
- Helps to maintain the efficiency of the airfoil, because the TE better forms a near perfect "razor-edge" (>);
- Doesn't distort the airfoil at the trailing edge (such as by introducing undercamber);
- Increases the surface area for gluing, which also serves to make the TE a little more rigid.

We measured 5/8" from the TE, then used a long straight-edge to draw lines parallel to the TE. I placed the sheets on the very edge of my workbench and angled my sanding bar every so slightly, so that I sanded an even and consistent bevel across the last 5/8" of the trailing edge. When you start cutting into the line you drew, you know you are done.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5221.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	830.0 KB
ID:	2134030   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	639.5 KB
ID:	2134039