RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Agenda
Thread: BJ Craft Agenda
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The laser cut wood parts are great. I see that he included a balsa cooling duct system. It looks good.

I also checked out the ply parts which can be used as templates for the contradrive firewall mount. I test fit my contra drive and the template lines right up. That's great news if you are using the Brenner ContraDrive.

That is tempting, however I have ordered the Adverrun drive with the Kontronik heli motor. I plan on building with that. I find it very interesting so, what the heck, I decided to give it a try. I am scratching my head a little bit about how to install it in the plane but I have a plan...

I waffled quite a bit about going back and trying a contradrive plane again. I flew a converted Visa a few years ago and never really connected with the thing so I stuck my drive in a drawer and moved on. B.J. Park has raved about this plane and contra drive combo so much that he convinced me to give it a try. I think the Adverrun belt drive system may have some advantages so it will be fun trying this. I am really looking forward to flying F17 with a system like this. The slow pace on the down lines will be a welcome benefit. Especially on that KE top hat thing...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6602.JPG
Views:	3310
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	2134803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.JPG
Views:	3269
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	2134804