RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Zero from Gator R/C
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 06:49 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've started to build, and as I mentioned I will try to post as much as I can. I've built a lot of planes, so I have certain ways I do things that may be different than some. I'll be addressing things as I find them, and will post my solutions.

My build will use the EME-70cc twin. As some mentioned, the cowl will need just a bit of cutting to clear the plug boots. I'll paint the boots black and not worry about it. I'd rather keep the CM-6 style NGK plugs that I know will run well vs. swap to the tiny plugs that are unfamiliar to me. I've seen how much they stick out on the prototype, and I think it will look fine.

I'll be doing some work to improve the scale look of the plane. This will include some cockpit mods, scheme change, and any other steps I notice that would help the scale appearance. Most of this will be towards the end of the build, but I'll be hitting odds and ends as I go. My friend has a Best Pilots Saburo Sakai, so I'll be able to do a test fit. If he fits well enough I'll get one.

Here's the scheme I'll be doing. So let's get started!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A6M5_Zer0-sen_302-ku_night-fighter_.jpg
Views:	8515
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2135736  

Last edited by Hot Rod Todd; 12-14-2015 at 08:40 AM.