RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Useless!
Thread: AMA Useless!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 10:06 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Coincidentally I just arrived in the USA this evening and will be here for several months. I brought a couple of drones and will pay my $5 on the 21st Dec to keep flying them here legally. (I can't actually register due to not being a US Citizen but will get a Certificate of Ownership)

Personally I think a recreational RC pilot should have been exempt from registration requirements and there is precedent for this. For example in Australia recreational RC flyers are exempt from many requirements and this has been in place since 2002.

5. DEFINITION OF A MODEL AIRCRAFT

5.1 A model aircraft is any unmanned aircraft, other than a balloon or kite, which is flown for sport or recreational purposes, weighing not more than 150 kg including fuel andequipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight.

5.2 A model aircraft flown for any other purpose is covered by the term ‘UnmannedAerial Vehicle’ (UAV) and is subject to the rules applicable to UAVs.

5.3 A model aircraft is excluded from the vast majority of the regulations applied toother aircraft. For example, there are no requirements for aircraft registration, pilotlicensing or aircraft airworthiness certification,
Gee...our form is 211 pages long.... I like yours better.

Enjoy your time in the state, hope your based somewhere warm! happy Holidays