RCU Forums - View Single Post - New virtual caller app for iPhone (and NOW, ANDROID TOO)
Old 12-19-2015, 07:02 AM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvogel
Android folks:

Here's what you need to know:

1. In voice recognition mode, for reliable recognition of keyword phrases I need 3-4 syllables so the vocabulary is "Start Calling, Next Maneuver, Previous Maneuver, Repeat Maneuver, Stop Calling"
2. In tilt mode, only roll works decently. I calibrate the position of the device when you start the caller, usually by the button on the wired headset, so before you click it, make sure you are in your normal flying position and that the device in portrait mode would be rolling when you tilt your TX, or whatever you have the phone attached to. I watch for a return to nearly the same position as the starting position to reset the trigger to wait for the next right/left roll.
3. I need a network connection to get the maneuvers, but I don't need a network connection for the voice recognition.

Peter+
Perhaps this is already covered, if so please let me know the post number...

I have a Samsung Galaxy 4. I downloaded the app and installed per post 120.

When I start the app, it pulls up for about 1 second and then closes with the prompt, "Unfortunately, RCCaller has stopped".

I cleared my cache and checked my phone memory. I have over 2G on the phone and have over 3G on my SD card.

I was expecting to pay, but did not see anything to allow me to make payment. It shows me as "Participating as a tester"

Larry