RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA says, "Wait to register"
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 AM
falcon_56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no torch or pitchfork on the matter. But putting myself on the FAA, AMA and those who fly their rc aircraft above 400 ft and in front of commercial airliner cockpits shoes, it is clear to me who is at fault.

The AMA has diligently stay close to the FAA to protect their members over the last couple of years. The FAA has stayed out of the hobby for many decades and honestly, it looks like they never felt they needed to be involved. However, with the so many reports of drone sight from pilots, they were forced to step in.

I can't imagine the havoc it could create if some knuckeheads puts cameras on rc cars and go into the interstate. I imagine the DOT would get involved immediately.

The fact the AMA was not able to turn things, it is because it is beyond their control. I think the idea of replacing the FAA# with the AMA# for their members is a great idea and hopefully they are successful. But the fact that the FAA needs to know who uses US airspace and could potentially enter full size aircraft flight paths is inevitable.

Hopefully, as time goes by and there is more exposure about our hobby, it will be easier to identify and differentiate those who fly safely and harmlessly vs. those who want to cause trouble.

Last edited by falcon_56; 12-23-2015 at 10:39 AM.