RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA says, "Wait to register"
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 03:25 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike1974
The FAA is not going to waste their time and money trying to make an example out of somebody flying responsibly who didn't register. Is that not counter productive to the whole point of registration? I thought they wanted to stop the people that were doing stupid things? 36,000 registered huh? How many aircraft expected to hit the skies in 2 days? how many people fly RC aircraft currently? Does not sound like this registration thing is working out very well so far, nor do I ever expect it to.

Don't forget the site was down more than half the time ... Anyway I'd venture to guess that if Registration doesn't work to stem the problem the FAA/DOT will enact
FAR's /Legislation Much akin to what is already here for Commercial UAS operations. The FAA aren't fools they can and will enact much more sevear Regs. We have been given a break "Register and Put the number in your Plane for FREE What could be easier? U Dip Wads don't know what a break U are getting and U will F it all up for every one else. Call your local FSDO and tell them U won't Register see where that lands ya. Giv'em a Call and see what they are not to waste their time doing.
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/