RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 10:16 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
The touch screen on my 18MZ isn't as useful while flying. However, it's extremely useful for setting up my planes. Navigating a dial/physical buttons is a PITA versus tapping on the UI affordance on-screen. Asking consumers (pilots) what they want will only give you biased info based on previous transmitter touch screens they've used in the past. Aside from the 18MZ, most of those touch screen user interfaces are on antiquated transmitters. Build a prototype of a touch screen UI and a non-touch screen UI and I'm 100% sure most will prefer the touch screen. The computing industry has figured this out a long time ago and the ones who didn't are no longer as relevant.
Exactly. While Futaba has clearly missed the telemetry boat - an aspect at which Jeti excels - Futaba's touch screens are excellent and there's no reason at all to say otherwise. I'm guessing that any "survey" in which 80% of users supposedly said they didn't want one was severely flawed in terms of population analysis.

The Jeti Rep statement above "... In real life tiny icons, sunlight, dusty fields, glow/gas fuel with oil and sweaty fingers with emergency situation do not mix well..." does NOT itself, ironically, reflect real life for this 18mz user.

One might as well just say "If we didn't include it then you shouldn't want it", which sounds arrogant and/or like pathetic excuse making, and does not represent the Jeti brand any better than when Futaba defenders insist that telemetry is useless.

Last edited by highhorse; 12-27-2015 at 10:34 AM.