RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules
Old 01-05-2016, 07:23 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Of course, blame it on the aircraft, not the operator. Logical, makes perfect sense.
Originally Posted by init4fun
Chris is right .

Multicopters themselves didn't get us into this , People got us into this , by flying unrestricted BLOS using mostly Multicopters .

A seemingly small difference at first glance , but with huge implications in having people held accountable for their own actions rather than blame misbehavior on an inanimate object .

No gun ever picked itself up and intentionally shot someone either , someONE was always holding it when the deed was done ........

I humbly disagree.

I challenge each and every one of you to do what those quadcopters are doing with your smallest park flyer!

My smallest foamie can't.

My smallest turbine can't.

My skills (which are incredibly lacking, both mental and flying abilities) are not good enough for me to fly in and around buildings and hover over crowds with cameras pointed at them. Once I lose sight of them, I can no longer control them in any meaningful way.

Guns sir, are a constitutionally protected right. My right to fly a model "anything" is not.