RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules
Old 01-06-2016, 04:30 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
I humbly disagree.

I challenge each and every one of you to do what those quadcopters are doing with your smallest park flyer!

My smallest foamie can't.

My smallest turbine can't.

My skills (which are incredibly lacking, both mental and flying abilities) are not good enough for me to fly in and around buildings and hover over crowds with cameras pointed at them. Once I lose sight of them, I can no longer control them in any meaningful way.

Guns sir, are a constitutionally protected right. My right to fly a model "anything" is not.
Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
So what you're saying is you simply don't understand the difference between a multi-rotor aircraft and FPV?
And I strongly disagree with you ravill !

As Chris states , you do not seem to have an understanding of the difference between an LOS multicopter VS a BLOS Easystar !

But that's OK , your not alone in the (false) notion that it's the configuration of the airframe that's "the problem" .

"The problem" is unrestricted BLOS flight operations which yes , are mostly done today with multicopters , but not in any way exclusively ! Ban multirotors and see just how fast the unrestricted BLOS crew goes BACK to using Easystars , BLOS FPV's first mass market successful airframe ....

But as to "Rights" ?

DUDE , you haven't a clue !!!!!

MY RIGHT to "life , liberty , AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS clearly dictates that if I harm no others in MY pursuit of happiness , then that pursuit is a PROTECTED RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

And ya know what makes ME happy ?

Standing in a field flying a model airplane !

PS , the "life , liberty , and the pursuit of happiness" phrase appears in the Declaration of Independence , which of course was written BEFORE the Bill of Rights , so my RIGHT to fly a model airplane predates your second amendment's established right to own a firearm !

You may now consider yourself schooled on MY RIGHT to fly my model airplane ......................