RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should AMA fields require pilots to have a FAA number to be permitted to fly?
Old 01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Tdaffy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree on a lot of your point Porcia. In most threads lol. I hope you're right. I really don't want my concerns to be proven true. It is a lot of gloom. Not doom!!
It's going to take a lot more than some registration and document filing to stop me from enjoying the hobby. I think my issue is on the principal of the whole thing. If they could dedicate the money and resources, with their efforts, into addressing those incidints which have led to this point, (which I don't think have been THAT significant in occurrence, except to make a doorway for them to finally push open), instead of adding obligations onto us, then it would be a matter we could all support instead of being forced.
Look....what makes the FAA think that the bozo who flys his drone over my daughters sunbathing area, or on private property, or in a fire zone is suddenly going to stop, or change their behavior, just because...well, the FAA said so. Or, if he does, why...they're gonna get him because they'll be able to see his id number. Which, of course, he will be immediately registering for, if he has t already!
They know as well as we do that this isn't going to stop anything. It's not. The only thing it will change is their revenue abilities, and the obligatory oversight that the citizens want for it. We are all still going to fly like we always have. We will all continue to abide by the rules and enjoy it reonsponsibly. Who at your club or field is going to be changed because of these new rules? But, surely the guy in the back lot of Walmart...well, we will never have that problem anymore right? It's not possible! The FAA says you can't fly that drone without a registration. It's not legal! Stop, or I'll call the FAA!!
Im being sarcastic and having fun. I don't know what the answer is. Only opinion.