RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA says, "Wait to register"
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 08:50 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmiles1941
no I am in middle GA , and Tony is a great guy and I believe he knows this isa no win for them , I have known Tony a long time , according to articles I have checked looks like over a 160k have registered don't know what percentage is AMA members , I know all the guys I fly with around local and IMAC have registered and that is well over 200 . wish they would post registered numbers, and I am not second guessing just think it will weed out all the trouble makers we have who want no one to tell them where and how to fly just my 2 cents worth !!
Aha...no wonder you have such a good disposition..you don't have to deal with the cold!

FAA released numbers yesterday I believe, 181,00 people have registered. I don't believe it will ever be possible to see who is AMA and who is not. As for troublemakers, well those can be in both camps. Don't forget fixed wing pilots were doing FVP and BLOS far earlier than the drone dudes were. I wish the whole reg and lawsuit issues would be resolved so we could go back to arguing about who's plane is nicer, and that Futaba is better than Spektrum or vice versa!