RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA says, "Wait to register"
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 02:41 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
Wow...now that is fine tuning. Funny though, this past month I've noted to a few folks at my field that they have vibration issues with either motor mounts or props within seconds of takeoff. Not that it's that hard for the average modeler to hear that and recognize the issues, but I'm surprised how many folks are not aware of the issue, at least on electrics. I don't fly wet yet, but so I'm not as in tune with how those motors run, and when they are rich/lean. At the free flight event today on some of the ultra light models you could tell which had balance issues with their handmade props as the whole frame/structure would shake all over, and the plane would veer to the side. It was really an eye opened to see how these little aircraft reacted to minute changes in weights, control surface changes, even to a few kids running around down below...some of the old timers threw a fit, but they had reason too, you could actually see the disruption in the way the planes flew.
As the models grow in electrical and mechanical complexity, I strongly suspect that many of these incidents that get blamed on this radio brand or that radio brand are actually vibration related failures. Turbines produce a ton of high frequency vibrations, and we see that even in full scale those can wreak havoc.