RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?
Old 01-10-2016, 07:11 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
That you didn't hear of it until MR's doesn't mean it wasn't happening. There are hundreds if not thousands of videos online of people flying FPV with fixed wings, way before the flying blenders came along. Honestly when I watch those video's I'm more amazed that nothing happened back then. We're talking gliders that could go upwards of 9000 feet and fly for 30 plus minutes. Absolutely irresponsible and reckless in my view. As bad or worse then some of the goofy things the "drone" pilots have done over the past year. The term "drone" has been demonized in part by the media and to some degree in equal part by RC modelers who quite frankly hate that discipline of flying.
Well then if U don't approve of fixed wi FPV up at 9000' i.e. anything over 400'. Than FPV under 400' and above 100' in unpopulated areas Can't possibly harm anything. So if it can't be harmfull why do U have a such contempt for BLOS FPV especially with Quads that can stop on a dime hold position search the area for GA aircraft that aren't supposed to be there. U know the HOT DOG Pilots.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif