RCU Forums - View Single Post - ZTZ-99A just back from Russian Tank Biathlon
Old 01-13-2016, 07:55 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ZTZ-99A just back from Russian Tank Biathlon

Hi Guys,

Well, I finally got around to weathering up my ZTZ. As everyone knows pictures and information on the ZTZ is pretty tightly controlled by China. You rarely see a pic of a dirty ZTZ. Most of the official shots show the tanks as if they just went through the carwash! I, as always, like to be different. So I chose to make mine look like it would apeear after 2 weeks of hard banging and put away wet. Note, there is no rust just lots of dirty...

This is a very special ZTZ. It has my patented resin filled lower hull with magnet hold downs, steel gearboxes, 480 motors, metal tracks, sprockets, idlers, Clark board, servo recoil, TARR smoker with MegaSteam of course, A laser pointer for painting targets, coaxil LED machinegun that actually elevates with the main gun, and last but not least an FPV camera beside the IR emitter for my 7" LCD radio mounted viewer. The camera runs off it's own battery and I use a lipo to run everything else since there is a lot of draw with everything else running!

Taking it to our TET battleday and will do some action pics and video and show more detail on the FPV system. After this battleday she goes up for sale. More projects to finance in the works!

Not the greatest camera or photographer but here are some pics.
ZTZ99A 1.JPG (42.3 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 2.JPG (34.85 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 3.JPG (41.48 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 5.JPG (46.52 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 6.JPG (45.27 KiB) Not viewed yet

ZTZ99A 7.JPG (28.28 KiB) Not viewed yet