RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tony Nijhuis Vulcan bomber
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 03:35 AM
John_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, lots of runway. Would love that

Here is my progress to date. I did the same as you (good idea) and made the nose removable for the battery space. I have also had the turbine fitted to check the exhaust alignment.

The next job is to finish the front sheeting and planking and then build the nose section as another piece.

A tip for anyone else building in the future. I built the tail section off of the plane and then joined it on as per the Tony's very helpful assembly guide. It worked but was not the easiest way. For the front section I added former F6 and the top spar and glued these in place first. I then jigged up the rest of the formers and side/bottom spars over the plan making sure everything else was straight before applying the glue. It seemed easier and came out dead straight.

Also the undercarrige bay former side F21 is too long. On the plan it is the correct length on the assembled drawing but too long on the individual piece drawing. Basically cut the tab off of one end and then recut it back by the ply thickness. It should be fine then.

See latest pic.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2226.JPG
Views:	2118
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2143382