RCU Forums - View Single Post - Support for Fuji Imvac engines
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 11:16 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kmeyers
I always wondered why tower was carrying these and no other gas engines. They were heavy and looked like copies of Zenoah's. Zenoahs are great engines, why not sell them?
Great Planes sold Mac Minerelli engines for awhile until they went away. The Fuji engines were from a large, established company so they probably seemed like a good product line .... until Fuji decided to get out of the RC engine game. Great Planes couldn't sell Zenoah because Horizon had that product line locked up. These days, Great Planes seems to be doing pretty well with the DLE line and OS keeps expanding their gasser line.

It should be pointed out that even Horizon has had their issues keeping a decent gas engine line other than Zenoah. They have their own Evolution line these days and they seem to be doing pretty well with this in house line. Prior to that they had the rebranded MVVS engines under the Evolution name and I'm not sure that was a happy marriage .... all gone today.

The point here is that large distributors have all had their issues keeping a quality gas engine line and for issues not always of their own making. Overall, gas engines seem to lend themselves to the smaller distributors or manufacture direct sales.