RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood (All P-47s Welcome)
Old 01-31-2016, 08:38 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drice45
Hi Guys. I just bought the new Razorback version of the Robart Ziroli. Fumbling my way through that build now.
I'd like to join the brotherhood.
For initiation, I offer up my Top Flight GS P47. G62, Robart Retracts. Built from the ARC kit, glassed, and painted. I took features from several planes to create this fictional paint scheme. It's mostly a mish-mash of Gabby Gabrieski's camoflage paint job, and the nose art from Miss Behave. I did not go nuts on scale bits, like inner gear doors or tail doors, or bomb hangars, but I did go nuts on the weathering. This is (was) my weekend beater.

Unfortunately, I landed her upside down at 100MPH+, on her 141st flight, and sold the remains to a buddy of mine...which led to the purchase of the bigger, hopefully better, Robart Ziroli...

One of our better builder/flyers has a plans built Ziroli... 92" i the Gabreski camouflage paint job w/ a 80 cc zenoah GT twin. full out low pass is around 114 mph GPS verified both GS and Air Speed. Their great plane sU'll enjoy it I'm sure. Happier Landings.
Maiden Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJB2-3QOPXw

Last edited by HoundDog; 01-31-2016 at 08:44 AM.