RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 08:56 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippi
Thanks. Haven't seen anyone running the Poor Man's Contra (3 blade). I assume it will draw a few more amps so will it make it through the sequence? Anyone care to chime in that's running a 3 blade?
I have used the Mejzlik 3 blade 20 x 13 quite a bit on a Nuance and Essence and I really like it's tractor like performance and good braking.
I have used the Falcon 3 blade 20 x 12.5 too but the blade profile is quite a bit thinner in chord than the Mejlic.
I prefer the performance of the Mejzlik.
There is no problem with battery power or getting through the sequence with either of these props. As I said above....with 25 to 30% of battery remaining.
Of course if you just fly around not doing the sequence....it is easy to overfly the battery using almost any prop.

If the OP does not like the PT 22 x 12 he is really gonna hate any 3 blade.

As far as the Castle 80HV ESC in a Pattern application is concerned...my experience has been that.....I flew the first one for exactly 100 flights.
As mentioned...the braking was not adequate and at 30 or more braking it squealed or worse happened.
I had 3 of these....the first one was recalled...the second one failed when using 30 brake and I sold the third one NIB.
I changed to the OS 1100HV/Futaba MC9100A which are clone to each other available at RC Japan.
These units work great with no breaking issues or any other issues.
No dead spot just off of idle...no computer hassle to set up....I use 80 to 90 braking....these have made the ESC a non-issue.
Try either of these for Pattern and you'll never go back.