RCU Forums - View Single Post - ETO Gearboxes!
Thread: ETO Gearboxes!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:29 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ETO Gearboxes!

Finally got my first set of these gearboxes for the King Tiger. For any of you who followed my long build thread on King 222, you know I put a lot in to that tank and wanted something with the best of everything in it. Only thing I was never happy with was the TU's. The Tamiya standard boxes are not a design I am fond of, that includes all of the makes of this type. They have a habit of stripping gears with a heavy tank with a lot of ground pressure, and if they are driven hard. They also are prone to getting dirt into the gears, which again causes problems of stripping and excessive wear. These ETO units are as bulletproof as anything you could dream of. The torque generated is outstanding and they certainly will break metal tracks if they get bound up. The scale speed seems to be dead on as well. Control of the tank is amazing. You can crawl with these things and it no longer has that jerky feel as it did before. Some may argue that they are expensive, but they are worth every cent for a tank you want to be durable. I will be updating my other tanks to these as funds allow. If you have a Tamiya tank that you enjoy running, get these TU's for it. There is nothing that comes close. One set for a KV, and another for a Sherman or 2 and 2 Tiger 1's...So ebay will have a few sets of Tamiya units for sale in the near future for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	black.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	2144636