RCU Forums - View Single Post - building sand drag race 1/5
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 04:03 AM
dxprince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
If you want one of the best esc's have a look at MGM. MGM is one of the few besides the Fighter Cat esc you have that do more than 8s. As for motors Neu and Lehner have been at the top forever. A rising cheaper alternative for motors is Poseidon.

Be aware your current 5698 1100kv motor has a max voltage of 8s but in a short burst environment like drag racing should be able to take more. I'd be tempted to go higher voltage but wouldn't go higher than 10s though as then the rpm is nearing 40k which is probably about the rpm limit. If you're going to buy a new motor I'd go with something more like 700kv and run 10s or 12s. You'll then have more than enough power to pull any gearing you want and keep accelerating at the top end.

Personally I'd start with the esc. Once that's decided then you know your voltage limitations. More voltage equals more power so I'd go as high as possible but 12s just makes sense. 6s packs are commonly available, easy to mount etc. once you decide on voltage then you need to do some calculations with voltage and Kv to make sure your motor stays within its rpm limit. You want the motor getting close to its rpm limit though as under load the actual rpm will be less. Use 3.7v per cell (nominal lipo voltage) as no pack is going to maintain 4.2v per cell when under load. Go as long as possible on the motor, longer equals more torque.

one more question I highlited as you see above , you said longer mean more torque, do you mean the motor length e??
thanks for the info, am very glad that I am getting this info from ,

Dxpricne