RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galactika datum line?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 03:11 AM
Alex Voicu

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by flyncajun
Alex
I`m sorry I was wrong, you are correct! that meter is 120 grams
I don't know why I remembered 60 grams ,that number is from another meter I have.
Now, I will buy one of the new meters Thanks for sharing.

CW
Your setup looks very interesting!

Bryan

You're welcome Bryan, i'm glad to hear you are going to try the TLL-90S. It gave me the possibility to measure some fine details, like the 0.08 degrees of twist i had in my right wing. I'm sure you'll like it.

Regarding the actual incidence measuring procedure, it is really important to have the incidence bar parallel to the fuselage center line (seen from above). This is crucial if you are trying to measure the incidence on a pair of anhedral stabs, because the large anhedral angle (usually around 5 degrees) makes the leading and trailing edges significantly higher at the root and lower at the tip. If the bar is not aligned properly the angle meter will give you a misleading value.

The wing dihedral is much lower but it can still make a difference. Since the incidence bar is usually around half a meter away from the fuselage, it's not always easy to tell if it's properly aligned.

What i usually do is align the fuselage centerline with one of the seams between the wooden floor tiles. These seams are quite straight and parallel to each other and it's much easier to align the incidence bar with one of the seam lines nearby than trying to align it with the imaginary fuselage centerline.