RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeowners Insurance and Protecting your investments RC Jets
Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by George
YES! This was my saga back in 2003, and my entire RC collection along with tools, equipment, etc. were stolen.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ome-found.html

At the time I was with Nationwide and they were excellent. I had started a claim; and provided pictures, website pages, RCU classified ads, receipts, etc. as proof and the basis for replacement cost of all the items. The claim was approx. $19K before I got the call from the police, but dropped to $10K after the recovery of some of the planes. They never gave me a minute of grief over the claim, but I think because I provided them with so much documentation showing prices/costs, they just paid.

My experience may or may not be typical and might be dependent on the company involved. I say this because a buddy of mine just text me the other day asking about this particular incident because his stuff just got stolen from a trailer at his house and they do not want pay/cover because the contents were not used for the house or some nonsense like that. He never told me the company, and never heard back from him.

Hood info. If you could call your buddy so we all know maybe this is a company we should not work with. Thanks guys. This is good info