RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homeowners Insurance and Protecting your investments RC Jets
Old 02-25-2016, 06:31 AM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes68charger

I have a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer that I park next to my garage which I sometimes keep my planes and while the trailer is covered by my auto policy and the contents of the trailer in the garage are covered by your homeowners insurance.

I sometimes leave my jets in my trailer and I am worried about the possibility of ever having to file a claim on personal property on any of mine JETS or large RC planes as I do not have receipts for any of my RC stuff except for my turbines.
Hey Mike,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told by an insurance agent that the trailer and contents are only insured when it's attached/hitched to an insured vehicle (your truck). But if your trailer is parked in the garage/barn/other structure, then yes it would be covered by the homeowner insurance. If the trailer is parked on your property and gets stolen or broken into, then I would imagine it's also covered by Homeowners insurance.

I've used USAA for the past 35+ yrs and have been taken care of, however, I've only filed a claim (auto) only once.

Tom
Parker, CO