RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Composite Bandit Build Thread. Yes from 1998.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:03 AM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

essyou35 - You will love it. Here is a pic of mine. I had no hand in the building or painting or re-painting Jeremy Ferguson in BC built and painted it (twice - original scheme was black and too hard to see.)

I have an EvoJet Booster 130 in it. It is very, very fast if I want it to be. I have the front hopper tank in there. I can fly 6 mins, land and taxi back and still have the hopper full. With the 130 very little throttle is needed to fly at a comfortable 150-170mph or so. You don't need much thrust at all to maintain those "slow" speeds. Crank it open and you can turn it in to a speeding nearly invisible dot scary fast.

Harvey - couple of questions if you don't mind...

The idea for the hopper in the hatch is a great one. I am squeezing in a plastic tank and while it works it's not ideal. Do you happen to have any pictures of the hopper you built in to the hatch?

My SB flies and lands like a dream. My only issue has been takeoff from grass - it gets very (dangerously in fact) squirrely. There are no signs of anything catching on the ground (tanks, gear doors etc.) I have the Dreamworks trailing-link gear on it and the springs seem too soft (even the "extra stiff" ones) but still not so soft that anything hits the ground. I'm hoping a nose gyro will help and also the technique for Bandits of holding up elevator seemed to work a couple of times (but not always.) I considered putting the regular struts back on but I'm concerned the pounding it will get on grass. Our grass is really smooth and nice but its a lot of load on the gear with the small wheels and relatively long takeoff roll. Any ideas? Perhaps it's just that I need to do like the manual says and just hold the elevator up for the whole takeoff run (feels very unnatural.)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0372.jpg
Views:	2314
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	2151793