RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:57 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
In the future , when the FAA has finished with eliminating unregulated BLOS flying of the sort that most FPV pilots practice , and the "hobby" BLOS operations have fully ceased , and the "jump onto the newest toy fad" folks have then moved on to the next fad because good ol AMA #550 FPV (the only kind that will be allowed to be practiced) was so SO boring and confining for them , then the numbers will begin to balance out . Once they can't fly anywhere they want regardless of the safety of others , the thrill will be gone for them and that's when you'll see the true separation of folks who love aircraft VS folks who love the next new toy . Let's be honest , how many of today's FPV people will be spending that kind of cash when it becomes fully enforced that there are NO BLOS operations of any kind allowed ? As in , YES , it MUST be within the spotter's physical sight at all times , no more "star wars tie fighter" weaving through buildings and other sight blocking objects .

Now on the commercial UAS side of the house ? BUY STOCK NOW !!!! Amazon WILL be delivering widgets and a bunch of other commercial operators are gonna add up to big business once the commercial UAS are fully integrated . "The sky's the limit" don't even come close to the scale of future commercial UAS business and commercial UAS is gonna be as big a deal as the computer revolution was to the late 1970s early/mid 1980s . And they're (the money people) not gonna allow your unrestricted toy to get in the way of their bought and paid for slice of the air .

PS , Yes I DO realize this post will be flamed for my saying that most FPV is flown unrestricted . Look at every U tube video you can find , and add up the times you see true and proper #550 FPV being flown VS FPV being flown over unprotected people and out of the non existent spotter's sight . I can find you literally 1000s of flights that do NOT conform to #550 VS only a precious few that do ! So yes , based on what's seen in every on line venue I've checked , I stand fully behind the assertion that more FPV is flown counter to #550 than in accordance with it .

Have fun , and don't forget to parse my grammar (insert middle finger smiley here)
No i agree and great post. Wait for the other die hards tho . lol joe