View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 11:20 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philakapd
Good day Rob,

Your scenario is almost identical to mine regarding full scale airport locations. I was aware of a "landing strip" a few miles down the road from my farm, but I had no idea it was registered as an approved airport until I used the B4UFly App. I created this thread to encourage pilots to try the App and perhaps gain some additional information they may otherwise did not have knowledge of. I'm not happy about some of the regulations set forth on radio control, but I will abide by them and show the public not all "DRONES" are creating havoc to the public. I don't own a quad, but some people who are not familiar with radio control fixed wing aircraft think I'm flying drones. That's okay, I don't take it personally or respond negatively. If it fly's, I'm interested. I answer questions and explain the differences of models to them and they enjoy learning about this great hobby. It wasn't too long thereafter, my brother-in-law, a few cousins and one uncle decided to take up the hobby. My uncle is already into the jet scene. Too rich for my blood (cost and speed), but he really enjoys it.

Rob, I've been reading you posts for years. Thank you for all of the positive information you provide to the community.

Clear skies!

-PD
+1, especially the part about Rob's comments.

The app is pretty cool, I know of several club in my area that used it immediately to double check information they previously thought was correct, only to find not so much. It also may help those folks that don't belong to a club and perhaps have the ability to fly in open places that they might not have realized where now subject to these rules.