RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sepulveda Basin
Thread: Sepulveda Basin
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to bring this up, but it is making the rounds about how the FAA came to the Basin and was checking FAA registration and making threats to close the field, etc. One person told me that his club called and talked to the head of the Apollo Field Charter #152 and that he verified the incident. So, any updates on this? What happened??

BTW - this is an email reportedly sent by the Camarillo Club President about this:

GoodMoring flyers,

Well it seems our biggest fear has come true. The FAA paid visits to the L.A. Basin and Bakersfield air fields. From what I heard the Basin had so many flyers not registered that they closed the field and issued several fines. At theBakersfield Club they issued those without FAA registration fines. I was also told that the club was fined as well however, I can not confirm or deny that. I want to reinforce the clubs standing on registering yourself. You must have your FAA number on all your air crafts as well as your AMA number. There can be no exceptions to this rule as we do not want to jeopardize our field or our hobby. Please follow the rules that have been put upon us by those who make them. Remember the fine is $25,000!!!

Help our club stay in compliance and continue to enjoy the hobby we all love so much.

Thank you,

Vince

CFCPrez

Last edited by Silent-AV8R; 04-05-2016 at 02:52 PM.