RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ignition Cut-off shutting down engine without user input
Old 04-06-2016, 06:32 AM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Cut-off shutting down engine without user input

Hello,

I am having a problem with what I think is with my power system sport plus. I believe it to be vibration induced....(I am not an engineer so I am ignorant in these matter). Basically, when I run my engine to full for a couple seconds and back to idle it shuts the engine down completely. I figured I had a bad optical kill switch, so I replaced it. Unfortunately the engine is still cutting off without any input from me. When I completely removed the optical kill switch system, I did not have the engine cut off at any point during any throttle range. The original system and kill has only had about 15 flights on it....but when I checked the may power system I noticed that the white plastic cover on the bottom had cracked completely and broken due to vibration. The problem with vibration has been fixed, but is there a possibility that the damage is already done with the main system. I am very reluctant to fly this warbird without any kill switch being integrated to the main system due to power failure. Are there any suggestion that you may have? If this requires a repair, would that be possible?