RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?
Old 04-15-2016, 03:53 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Have been seeing previews in the last 24 hours on TV about a news story being released tonight at 6pm.

Australia Post are just about to introduce postal delivery drones. This should be interesting. I will post a video of the story here later.

(Channel 7 for any Aussies interested)

Edit - ok here is the video of the "successful trial" - not very confidence inspiring in my opinion -

1. Flimsy looking quad copter - fail. (at least Amazon wants to use serious looking octocopters)
2. Flown Line of Sight with a Spektrum DX6 - Hmmm
3. Package dropped via fishing line?

I am not against this concept at all but c'mon guys, Quad copters with zero redundancy... really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-vW_-T30VQ
Well , I can give them an A for effort , even if the testing involved toy like craft and the silly idea of lowering the cargo with a fishing string . I like to see countries embrace innovation without stomping all over the existing users of the technology , something the US really should look into as well . Here , all the politicians and even the FAA and AMA are all to willing to push the traditional RC user aside in their strive for maximum profit , I guess a well lined pocket being more important that what's right and fair use of something we've used safely for years .

Let me know when your first "air mail" delivery happens