RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 10:49 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

When I ordered my second Hellcat I ask to get them on 2009 Top Gun. I bought glass fuselage and rest of kit will be same as usual.

Everything wait me at Frank Tiano office, from where I pick up all F6F stuff.
After few day, thanks God I was still in USA, in hotel room I want to check parts and saw that all wooden parts are for wooden fuselage. Next day I went back to Frank in Lakeland and ask him am I right, something is not good here.
We look together and come to same conclusion...
He call Nick and in next few days all missing parts wait for me in Franks office.

I wore the F6F glass fuselage over half of Florida, can you imagine how big is box, than in airplane and in Serbia.
I was only one on our airport with card box, he, he...

When I start working on model I saw that glass fuselage is heavy and more complicated for work.
Other thing is, side of the fuselage was "soft", I don't like it...
I don't tell that is bad, I just don't like it...

Because I have parts for almost two Hellcats I order parts for one more wings and tail from Ziroli. Glass fuselage and those parts I sold to my friend, so we work together on two models parallel.
http://www.nsmodelers.rs/warbirds/he...jekat/jun-2011

Glass model was much heavier than standard wood fuselage model, and that was before location CG.
My friend is old man, he never finish that Hellcat, so I haven't information how much weight he will need CG of his F6F.
No regrets for glass fuselage.

My second Hellcat was 18,5 kg and with ZG 80 fly great.
On that building I change all I thing that was bad done on my first F6F model. I'm glad that you watch my building, I flew that airplane almost 100 time without any issue.

If you need even lighter model you can save weight on filler for panel lines.
I made panel lines on different way on my Panther (facelift) and now on Galeb G2. I apply vinyl lines and don't remove it from surface. Than near them I add rivets and all other details.
In that case, you don't need to apply primer to made "channels".
Final result is that panel lines are not channels it's look like convex...

Best regards

Mirce