RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FinnSpeed
Bo, great stuff!

Did you weigh the individual parts before adding servos etc? If so, can you list the weights also?

***Risto***
Hi Risto,
No I did not but I thought about it several times. I said to myself that I can not do anyting about the weight on the empty plane itself so it was never done unfortunately.
- The T-canard is easy to weight so I can do that.
- Wings without servos and linkages I can weight and get empty weight on them if You want, it is easy.
- To get the stabs empty weight I have to remove the servos and linkage plus the elevator horn and maybe I can't get the elevator horn off because I think I had a drop of CA glue in the threads, but I can get the weight on the stabs without servos and linkages(except elevator horn).
- The fuselage empty weight is impossible to get now when all is installed, leads in place and mounting plates, strengthening of landing gear plates is already done,

I will see what I can do. It seems to be bad weather this weekend here so maybe I can do some "empty" weighing.

It would for sure have been nice to have each part empty weight on precisely my individual Galactica, left-right wing, left-right stab, T-canard, fuselage without landing gear and that way get the total empty weight also.

Oxai has still on their homepage published the specification on Galactika and they list empty weight on Galactika EP (that I have) to 2300 grams but that is without landing gear and the Oxai accessories - see post #2 above what accessories is shipped with the plane:

Oxai Galactika specifications.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Galactika_Specification_from_Oxai_homepage.jpg
Views:	3698
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	2159897  

Last edited by bem; 04-29-2016 at 02:21 AM.