RCU Forums - View Single Post - I think I find this repulsive......
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 02:13 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aircraftbuilder67
I would like to think I'm not one of those "I think I'm better than you types" because I choose to fly fixed wing types and some others don't. In fact, I enjoy seeing all kinds of stuff fly when I'm at the field. Drones, however, have struck a nerve for me.... Not because I don't fly them, but what I perceive that they and the users of them have done to the RC hobby in general. Would we have this foolish and ridiculous "UAS" registration requirement if not for the publicity of the exploits of less than fully intelligent drone operators? Not thinking we would.

What has prompted this posting is that the first thing that appears when going to the AMA website is the declaration that May 7th is national drone day. Well, hallelujah, there is now a day dedicated to tempting some folks into doing more publicized, questionable actions with drones. And, AMA, is a key sponsor.

i probably realize that this is an attempt to bring attention to the responsible use of drones and all that, but, dang, it just feels like salt being rubbed into open wounds.

Happy bleeping Drone Day
Sounds like someone at a party that starts a comment by saying, not to be offensive but......

This is yet another attempt to blame one specific segment of the hobby for everything that's going on, when it couldn't be farther from the truth. I only fly fixed wing as well, but a drone or MR pilot hasn't done anything to involve the FAA, nor change the way the AMA operates. Folks need to get past their own personal issues with MR and the AMA, or better yet just quit the AMA. problem solved.

How can you possibly miss the involvement of big commercial enterprise as the reason for govt intervention?