RCU Forums - View Single Post - I think I find this repulsive......
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 04:43 PM
aircraftbuilder67
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Fragile,

I don't think that this has become an AMA or drone smear campaign. There are some who believe that recent bad press caused by those who were caught in the act of making poor decisions has inflicted some unnecessary and burdensome requirements onto the RC community as a whole. Unfortunately, the more recent and publicized incidents have involved drones. There are also those who feel frustrated that the community based RC flying organization that many have belonged to for years has turned to the "new trophy wife" (drones) at the expense of the long term members.

Additionaly, there has been frustration concerning the AMA not following its own bylaws to disclose certain information. Again, this is not a smear to the AMA in my opinion, but it sure can lead one question why this information is not available according to the stipulations set forth by the organization.

Anyone can complain about these problems and proposed solutions have been few. I have my thoughts and shared them for what they are worth. I spend my spare time building or flying, hence a low post count, but quite frankly, I'm concerned about my freedoms and rights in the future and how they may impacted.

I think the AMA was correct to embrace drones, I just happen to think it has been done less than satisfactorily. Your views may differ. I hope this doesn't become a pissing contest between the more traditional rendition of the hobby and the new generation of droners. There is plenty of sky for all.