RCU Forums - View Single Post - I think I find this repulsive......
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 04:48 AM
RC Pilot 007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-...goodyear-blimp

Now here's the part that's important.

"Witnesses gave investigators the license number of the plane owner's car, and deputies later arrested John William Moyer, 28, at his Redondo Beach home, where they recovered a damaged Thunder Tiger radio-controlled plane with a 4-foot wing span, a Sheriff's spokesman said.

Moyer was booked at the Carson substation for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon and jailed in lieu of $5,000 bail.

"It wasn't an accident," Harman said. "The plane buzzed the blimp seven or eight times. The pilot and passengers clearly saw it."
The plane then flew away, made a turn and flew directly into the airship's starboard side opening a three-foot diameter hole in the craft's skin, the lieutenant said. A Goodyear official said the skin is made of Dacron impregnated with Neoprene."

This is just how this should have been handled, Paying the price for being a idiot. Now we have the FAA threatening fines along with jail time please show me anyone being busted and fined by the FEDs.
I also wish I knew the actual disposition of this case.

MIke

maybe all rc pilot need brain check so no happen again maybe ama offer discount test and faa happy