RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 12:56 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Jim,

You're correct but I didn't recommend that because I always like to have a proportional control to tune the gain. Of course you could do something like creating a proportional logic switch of SC and P7 to allow both tuning and a gyro on/off switch if you prefer to do everything in the gyro menu and avoid using a mix. Still, the mix seemed easier to explain than a proportional logic switch. There are always lots of ways to do things with Jeti..
Yep, there certainly are a lot of ways. ;-) In my case, once I have the gyro dialed in for each flight mode, I don't want to change it, so using this method works for me. As they say, YMMV...

Actually, you should take a close look at your screen captures. I assume in the third capture, with values of -30, SC as a tuning switch and a tuning value of 30% you were expecting to get -30 as your gain when SC is in the gyro on position and 0% gain when SC is in the gyro off position. However, if you look at the parens, you are actually getting -60% gain when SC is in the gyro on position and 0% gain when SC is in the gyro off position. If you assign SC to have a range of 0 / 100 (press F1 when selecting SC) instead of -100/100, you would get -30/0 depending on the position of SC.
All I did, once I assigned the switch, was twiddle the tune value until the Cortex showed the RED led, indicating the gyro is off (which, as I'm sure you know, is at 1500ms, otherwise known as the middle of things.) Worked for me. But, I will double check it before the first flight of the season, which will also be the first flight using the Jeti system. ;-)

All the best,
...jim