RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 95v 4c v/s OS FS91sII?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 05:57 PM
dwmcmike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got a 95 last Friday. It's on a Hog Bipe I've had for a few years, that previously had a Saito 100 GK on it. The Saito is headed off for some bearings and a look-see / overhaul, and will hopefully be back in the Hogs nose before too long. But we'll fly it for a while with the OS 95. So far, i've run 2 tankfulls of fuel through it, Powermaster 10% / 18% castor/syn oil, following OS's instruction sheet of running it lean for a few seconds, then opening up the HS needle a full turn to cool it down. Turning a 14/6 TopFlite power pro for break-in, I may try to run a 15/6 xoar that I used to run on the Saito on the same airframe.

So, once the wind calms down enough that I can actually go fly the thing, i'll be able to tell you how the OS compares to the Saito on the same plane. So far, the break in running has gone very well. The engine is exceptionally smooth at idle, transitions well to WFO even with a minimum of break-in and from a casual observation appears to be a very well-made engine.

Everything is out charging right now in the hopes the wind will be something less than 15mph tomorrow.