RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ever taken apart an OS 46 ax ?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever taken apart an OS 46 ax ?

Last Saturday i was flying my sky raider and was doing a spiral dive but when i let off the aileron stick and pulled back on the elevator to bring the nose back up the strangest thing happened. Nothing !!! My little sky raider drilled itself into the dirt.
I took the mess home and during the autopsy discovered that my receiver was no longer listening to my transmitter. No response at all to the control inputs. Tried another receiver and still nothing. Tried another transmitter and it worked fine. I guess my old futaba conquest had transmitted its last signal. (wish it woulda done that during the pre flight). So any how the field i crashed in was plowed up and the dirt wasn't to awful hard so I don't think i bent the crankshaft. . But the motor was running about 1/3 throttle when it hit and i washed allot of dirt out of the carb. I pulled the back cover off the motor and discovered a bunch of what must be dirt diluted with glow fuel all over inside so i am assuming the motor inhaled a gob of dirt before it died. Im thinking i need to pull it all apart and clean it up. (Bearings and such).
I have never actually dissembled one of these motors and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to do so. I already have one problem, i went to pull the bolts to remove the head and naturally my allen wrench stripped. Is there such a thing as an allen wrench that is as tough as the allen screw? Any advice would be much appreciated....
Dave