RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Tanks as a separate, stand alone forum on RCU...?
Old 06-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Merganser
I would be in favor if we called it "Tanks and Military Vehicles".
It's my opinion but I believe that is a cracking good idea.

I've been in armor since I bought my first Bandai Hummel in 1973, ny first Tamiya Sherman in 1975 and first 1/10 Panther in 1977. I've also built and flown the first generation of Helicopters including
Kavan's Alouette( still hanging in my garage), Jet Ranger, and Schulter's HeliBoy among others; even flew the first electric chopper I'd ever seen- the Ishimasa Sky Lark( wish I'd kept it) on a tether. I ran big gas ( ignition- 'weed eater') boats as a member of the SFMYC from 1979 until 1991. And I've run off road cars in the form of Kyosho Landjumps and Playtron buggies ( because they have self starters!) so I've been around the block on RC subjects....

Besides the Landjumps nothing has endured for me like RC armor: here I've found my alternate home.

RC armor is the best hobby yet invented. It combines historical detail, model engineering, role playing, and art all at once and you can't ( normally) sink, crash or roll one.

"Tanks and Military Vehicles" is a hobby whose time has more than come. Enjoyed all over the world in any one of several scales it deserves it's own stand alone forum entry point here....

What remains is how to get'er done!

Jerry