RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern out runners in the 300.00 range
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 08:38 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Looks like I have come to a decision. The Hacker motor that is currently listed in the classifieds is one choice, I am just waiting for the member to log on and accept my offer. I also have a flying buddy step forward with a good deal on a Himax. I will be picking up both motors and trying them and sticking with the one that works best and hold the other for a backup or future project. I have also selected the OS 1100 speed control after talking to a couple guys who have been using them. One has a couple extra and has agreed to sell one to me. Looks like I am pretty well covered on the power system. Now to figure out the servo situation. It looks like the airplane has been set up for a single elevator servo with dual pushrods. Not a big fan of that. I would like to mount dual elevator servos in the tail if I can easily get the correct CG that way. What I imagine my need would be is a mini digital servo HV in the 75-100 oz torque range with good centering. I'm not married to any brand. So now time to study up on servos.