RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 11:39 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
U would make a very bad witness for the Prosecution of this case.

First ...Why can't U fly "In A CITY"? Second: Look again, He did not fly over any person (Close to but not over them). Third: Did not fly over an "Occupied" street. Fourth: Did Not fly over any Moving Or Occupied Vehicles. Case Dismissed .
Yes not a great choice of area but no laws were broken ... Do U think he was an AMA member or had his Federal License Much less had either Number or other required Info on his Quad. Now that would be Illegal if in fact he did not have the Proper Paperwork. Just like a full Scale plane can't manage to get off the ground with out the 5 pieces of paper or placks Required by the FAR's to be onboard.
Objection your honor, permission to treat the witness as pedantic?

Doggy, are we looking at the same videos? In the first one, at the 1:12 point, he's clearly flying over a city street. I see you tried to qualify the street as not "occupied", but that's irrelevant. It's a freakin city street in Brooklyn NY....c'mon. Oh, would that huge city bus that drove by 1:38 qualify as "occupying" the street? And yes, he flew right next to two other people (and didn't have the best control) who I doubt gave him permission to do so.

2nd video....flies right over the street, and then a car at 1:16, did you miss that? That really busy stretch of multi lane road on the right, that's Route 27, Ocean Highway. Just a 10 second flyaway...away!

C'mon, the class B issue aside, the guy is reckless and an accident waiting to happen. To say nothing of his poor editing skills, and the music selection. I expected better from a Park Sloper (not that kind, the NY kind). And he'll be the first one to whine about "not knowing what I was doing was wrong "Why am I being made an example of" as he cries into his craft beer and artisanal mayonnaise. Look him up on that site under his name, check out his other doozies. These two are tame. "Rooftop Shenanigans" is another aptly and ironically named one.

C'mon now, I need some righteous condemnation of this less than "traditional" RC pilot....any takers?

Last edited by porcia83; 07-15-2016 at 11:42 AM.