RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Intairco Super Trap
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:07 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I love mine, I did learn a good lesson at ky jets this year, the filters they us are easy to clog if u get the slime. The little filter version even more so, since it's smaller. Thanks to the clear uat I was able to see the slime well before the filter clogged, unfortunately for me I had never seen this and didn't know what I had seen weeks before. I thought it was weird but thought maybe it was something from the new fuel tanks, it wasn't until someone mentioned it at ky jets when I started having turbine issues from the filter being clogged that the light went off in my head. They have worked flawless with my P200 and the Cheetah SE, I love the filters as well since they are clear and obviously work. I had someone ask me why I went for the smaller uat over the larger one which has the dual ports? I told him my thought is the uat is there to trap the air and unless u want to run the dual ports there is no need. Yes it holds more fuel but you never use that fuel unless your mains are empty and that's not enough to give u just a few more seconds. Plus it's heavier so unless you run the dual port the smaller one in my opinion is the way to go, I use it on my large 52lb thrust P200 without and issues. Also it was super nice to trouble shoot and replace the filter element in two minutes and fix my problem. Another thing I found because they were clear saved me a jet! I had a flame out just after landing on my viper jet and because it was clear I could see trash had collect at the locations the tank line connects to the uat. I flushed the tanks prior to install but this still managed to end up in the UAT. I know other uats would have reacted the same but if this wasn't a clear uat I would have never found this trash. It was wedged betray the clear case and the little hole at the top.