RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quitting RC. I am not torn.
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 07:37 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to say that you're probably the most knowledgeable RC enthusiast that I've ever come across and I'm not gonna go into that corny "you'll be greatly missed" sh1t, but I want you to know that you've really boosted my passion for RC and I really, honestly, not just saying this, appreciate your help and I don't think I would be where I am today in this hobby without you.

The way you fully concentrate on understanding people's questions and problems on here make you a five star member and the advice you give is spot on every time. I feel like I know you and the rough tone your posts project don't bother me like they did when I first read them. You helped me to 'toughen up' and realize that not everything in the world is kind and plush. Constructive criticism and useful information go hand in hand and they build character, something I think you have a lot of in person. Reading this, it sounds emotional and exactly how I didn't want it to sound. But dude, you are part of the elite and I hope you choose to come back once in awhile to visit with the 'core group of people who care and answer questions' here on RCU.
Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
I'm with the OP. His first two posts in this thread echo my sentiments on the hobby exactly. I barely ran any of my rc's last year and haven't even thought of touching them this year. My nephew is older and isn't interested in his anymore either so I'm out of rc. The remaining rc's are getting sold to make the big boy toys in my garage even more awesome.

And I'd especially like to burn the bridge to RCU. I lurked here a couple years before joining, so I've been around here for over a decade. I'm also a long time member of several other rc forums that I'll probably continue to pop into from time to time. Let me state unequivocably that this place is the worst and I have no interest in returning at all. Yeah, there's like 2-3 users who are happy to hear that. Anyway. This place is dead and make no mistake there are other forums that are doing very well, especially compared to this place. The newbies are the only ones keeping this place going and they bring there own set of annoyances. But this forum has been on my axe list for awhile since the user base basically lost its technical side. It's like walking into that lhs where they really don't know anything and can only regurgitate what's on the box or website.

Also annoying is that users here seem to have the most sensitive skin compared to other rc forums. It's the written word and most us aren't professional wordsmiths so take what you read with a grain of salt. The intended tone may not be what you think. But instead they cry about your tone in that one sentence when the post is full of well reasoned points and is a great discussion. God forbid you correct someone. Grow a set, grow up, toughen up. This isn't kindergarten where everyone is special and walking on eggshells around you. Interestingly the 1:1 car forums I'm a member of have the least problem with this compared to rc forums. No need to worry about the tone too much as long as your contributing something worthwhile. Want to rib someone a little? It's taken in stride as good fun, no crying.

I could probably go on but why bother, you get the point. I have better things to do than rc, I'm disgusted with RCU, I'm moving on and none of you really care. One good thing about this forum is you can actually delete your account, good job on that RCU.