Thread: FPV & Part 101
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 04:45 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Agreed. I was shocked. The blog release on the FPV thing is, at best, not 100% accurate with respect to the status of the legal proceedings. It's certainly not accurate with respect to whether the FAA can enforce or not - a fact proven by the quote from the actual court order saying what parties MAY do if the FAA enforces. No need for that statement if they FAA is prohibited from enforcing.

What's concerning is that the sloppy language with respect to legal status could be exposing members to enforcement action.

I don't know why they aren't 100% precise in their language, then let members make a fully informed risk decision
No, the AMA doesn't expose any member to enforcement action. Members do that all by themselves based on how they fly. We're all responsible for what we do, not the AMA. It's clear this is the next issue to get folks all worked up about, to show how they are somehow complicit, or responsible, or really to blame for something, but really. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?