RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Phoenix 80 wing span P-40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:31 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AC2
going by what I have read the giant TF P-40 has no washout and stalls easily, not a fun flyer from all I have heard.... I built the 60size over 30 years ago but its a smaller plane.... whatever one I end up with in the end will have to have a one piece fuse and/or have the lower chin removable only for engine access. the removable cowl on the giant TF and the stall/flying issues I have read on this and other sites steer me clear of it not to mention having to add counterbalance to rear stab... This however at the pricepoint including tower hobbies discounts is a good deal for a larger (80" or greater) P-40 even if its not true scale. The value to me is that it will get me comfortable again before flying my more expensive warbirds.....been out of hobby since 2005 until this year so....this fit the bill perfectly for me. I have been debating on what plane to fly to get me back to speed and finally pulled the trigger on this one.
Well you heard wrong! The giant tf p40 is a easy flying Warbird! So is the smaller arf! One thing I learned about these forums is you can't believe everyone's review of a plane. In a electric jet forum someone posted a must do mods list for a plane. My two jets have not had a single issue, so his must do mod gives a false representation of the model. Instead of modding gear etc, I always stress, learn how to land properly!