RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Phoenix 80 wing span P-40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 10:21 PM
AC2
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay...

Agree,,,,,cant believe everything you read. Thank you for the positive feedback but just as an illustration I have never heard anything bad about the flying characteristics of the TF P-51, or P-47 soooo..... gotta go with the gut on the P-40. Sounds like you are a damn good flyer.... i'm sure I'm not in the same league so negative comments carry more weight from my perspective. In the end we all make our own choices anyways and its never wrong to hear both sides of any view, just helps us make wiser choices.... I'm sure nobody is intentionally trying to offend anyone, some folks just have stronger/different opinions,,no harm, no foul...its just life...I appreciate your perspective

Back to this one though, it looks like its built more for fun flying than for scale and it does come with retracts, flaps so a guy can get familiar with using flaps/air retracts. The gear appears to be somewhat narrow as well so that too should help. Again, I think this would be a good entry level warbird type trainer. Back in the day my first large scale warbird type plane was the hanger 9 PT19 but it did not have flaps or retracts so when I flew my Corsiar it helped bridge that gap from smaller 60 size planes. Up until that point the largest plane I flew was a Bud Nosen trainer on a 60 sized Webra but hardly the warbird type...and it was built from a kit...we have it made nowadays!!

plus its a gasser if a guy is using a gas engine for the first time

Last edited by AC2; 09-10-2016 at 05:37 AM.