RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Seagull Westland Lysander*
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:49 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thamaroj
After some more flight I found she has a lot of adverse yaw effect so I mixed the rudder control to coordinate during the aileron turn and also decrease the down position both side of the aileron to reduce induce drag during turn, she flow easier.

I move CG 1 inch rearward from Seagull manual and I found she performed better performance during my landing but the elevator still in a bit up position by trim. So I corrected her angle of incident 5mm higher from the original hole which is around 5 degree increase and now I can remove the up position trim to neutral position.

Hope those will help all you guy fly your Lysander well
Thamaroj,

How did you measure your CG to determine that you moved it aft 1 inch? The Lysander wing shape makes traditional measurement difficult...

To measure mine I used a Xicoy CG machine and found the CG to be 140mm aft of the main gear, which is 33mm aft of the recommended 107mm... The Xicoy uses scales on each wheel and is quite accurate. I can add about 500 grams of lead to the nose to bring my CG forward to near the recommended point, and then there will be 24 ounces of fuel that is also forward of the CG, and fly it there and adjust as needed... BTW -- mine weighs 10.62Kg dry (23.3 lbs)...