RCU Forums - View Single Post - I guess this FPV drone racing fad is becoming mainstream with large Pro Sports owners
Old 09-14-2016, 09:42 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
Actually, this has been discussed at length on these forums. Apparently you missed them? I don't recall anyone here or the AMA/FAA providing a definitive answer to this

Astro
Lot's of stuff gets discussed across all the threads, what's the relevance to this discussion? I do recall one prior discussion about the issue, specifically where Mike was mocking a MR event for having cash and prizes, but when I noted that several fixed wing events did the same thing....well, crickets. When I asked Mike to explain why it was o/k for a fixed wing event to do this, but not a MR event, he didn't have an answer to the question, at least not one he would share publicly. That's why I thought it was a good issue to bring up again, since he raised the issue of cash prizes, again. Did those other discussions resolve the issue of the FAA and how they looked at the issue? I'm pretty sure he's capable of answering the questions himself, or sharing his opinion on the issue, absent a formal finding by the FAA, or not. At the end of the day I'm looking for clarity, or his rationale for why it's o/k for one group to do it, but not another.