RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help. Dues and distance question.
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 02:51 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Club dues are $90 a year for adult membership, $70 a year for senior citizens and under 18's. We're on private leased land with 10yr lease w/option to renew every 10yrs(we've been there about 28yrs now). We've done all improvements over the years, including 600' paved runway. We have several events through the year to supplement our funds, for maintenance, as well as the causes we all support too.

I'm about 15miles from there, but we have members in surrounding communities as well.. We have a few regulars that come about 40 miles a few times a week.. but many of us are less then 20 miles. We're comfortably located in the "country" with some resources(small community) about 2 miles away, where we can food or supplies if need be. We have about 180 members on average.

Yes.. we get the freeloaders occasionally, and the habitual offenders, thing is we all want them to just join.. we don't want to turn anyone away, but we don't/won't foot their bill either. I chased a guy off a few weeks back, but did explain its only fair that he pay just like we do. There's no reason why someone can buy a $300 plane, but not have funds to pay the dues.The guy said money was tight...I told him sell one of his planes and pay up, or don't come fly until you can.